TOTO FUNDS THE ARTS (TFA), in association with TASVEER, invites entries for its sixth annual Toto awards for young Indian photographers from persons between the ages of 18 and 29. Two winners, to be decided by an eminent panel, will get a cash award of Rs 25,000 each. Entries should reach TFA by 30 September 2012. There will be no extension of the deadline.
Only Indian nationals resident in India are eligible to apply. You can apply if you were born on or after 1 January 1983. No exceptions will be made. Also, since the spirit of the award is to identify promising photographers, do not apply if you are already well established in your field.
1. The submission should comprise a maximum of 12 images, either in colour or black and white, or a mix of the two.
2. The submission should comprise still images. Video photography will not be accepted.
3. The images should be of a resolution between a minimum of .5 and a maximum of 1 MB each.
4. The submission should be made on CD (3 copies) along with hard copies of only 5 photographs of your choice.
5. These should be in reasonable size, i.e., easily visible, but not larger than A-4. DVDs will not be accepted.
6. The photographs should be on one or two themes. Your choice. Please do not send a random assortment.
Entries should be sent by courier or ordinary post (and NOT by registered or speed post) to the address below (the phone numbers supplied are for courier purposes only).
Toto Funds the Arts (TFA)
H 301 Adarsh Gardens
8th Block, 47th Cross
Bangalore 560 082
Phone 080 26990549/098896 23357
Entries must be accompanied by a statement, signed by you, confirming your name, date of birth, whether your work has been exhibited/published in print (give details), and also affirming that the submitted work is original. Please also give us your postal address, email ID, phone number (landline and mobile) and a short bio. Also ensure that your name does not appear either on the hard copy version of your photographs or on the CDs. Your entries will be given code numbers to protect your identity from the jury during the judging process.
If you have any further queries please email [email protected] or [email protected] No queries will be answered on phone.
Note: Submitted material will not be returned. The decision of the TFA jury will be final and cannot be contested in any forum. We reserve the right to use your submitted photographs (if necessary) to publicise the awards either on our website or in any in-house materials such as a newsletter. Otherwise, the copyright rests with the photographer and your submission will be put to no other use without your express permission.
TOTO FUNDS THE ARTS (TFA) is a not-for-profit public trust set up in memory of Angirus ‘Toto’ Vellani, who was intensely passionate about music, literature and films.